Dear first time dog owners,
You are not crazy, you’re just a concerned new parent.
On July 1, 2016 my boyfriend Anthony and I adopted our 4 year old bundle of joy, Chance. He’s an energetic, loving, 65 pound American Bulldog mix that swears he’s a lap dog. He has a smile that lights up a room and sassy personality, specially when you wake him up early. I’m only a few sentences into this post and I already refer to him like a human. We grew up around dogs but Chance is the first living creature Anthony and I are completely responsible for.
Since adopting Chance I began to notice a few new traits come out of both Anthony and I that could easily put us in the crazy dog owner category.
- You refer to your dog as a child.
- You disagree about dog parenting styles
- You can’t go to a store without buying something for your dog
- You worry about every sneeze, cough, or itch your dog has
- Cuddles are more important than work, homework, and life itself